Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Should’ve Posted This Before


I didn’t know 2nd term of school year 2008-2009 will begin a new chapter of my life. Someone was out of my life just before it started and I don’t even know how will I endure the pain. I don’t even know if I can make a good start that term. I got a lot difficult subjects this term and I am hoping that this pain would not hinder me from passing. Good thing my friends are still there and we’re helping each other to move on and forget every memories with that someone. Well, all that is left are those memories that made us so stressed and tired of our damn lives.


As the weeks pass by, we keep on doing things that would make ourselves problem free even for a limited time. Almost each night we go out and hang out, eat and drink just to have fun and to make a much stronger bond with each other and also to forget the past, slowly but surely. But there’s one thing that I didn’t see coming, a person whom I don’t know and nothing to me. I know she was once my classmate in one class before but that’s all I know about her. That term, we became classmates again in two subjects. I thought she’s just a passer by in my life and soon will be gone and be forgotten but I was wrong.


One afternoon, we became group mates in our class activity. We are supposed to translate and write those translations in a manila paper. At first, it was kind of awkward coz we didn’t even talk before but this afternoon we are having an intellectual conversation, though I threw some corny jokes once in a while just to break the ice. At one point, we needed to decide who’s going to write the translations at the Manila paper. My other group mate doesn’t want to coz according to him, his hand writing is poor and so am I. She immediately took the pen and said “Alright, I’ll write”. As she writes, I am smiling while thinking “This girl must be thinking how lazy we are… haha!” I also realized that she might also think that we’re using our “Senior Power” for her to be the one writing the translations. Good thing she’s done writing on time. She’s so excited to go home so she left us at the table and quickly tries to get out of the room. But we got a problem, we didn’t write our names on the paper. I wrote mine and Lance’s but I forgot hers so I asked her “What’s your name again?” while she’s walking out of the room. She answered “Don’t tell me you forgot my name?” I paused for a while thinking what’s her name. I remembered her surname so I shouted her surname and wrote it on the paper. I was laughing while writing her name because I knew it but at that time, I forgot it. Silly me. It was actually the first time that I got to know her somehow and I am happy to be acquainted with her.


One night, I was bored and have nothing to do. I was talking to one of her friend through an instant messaging. At one point her name was mentioned by her friend and for a second, everything that had happened at that activity passed by me. So, I asked what her ID is, added her and eventually talked to her. Surprisingly, she wanted to ask something but she wanted it to be a secret. I was like “okaaay… this is odd” but I told her to go ask me the question. After all, what the hell… I laughed at the question (good thing she didn't ask me in person coz she might kick me hard over my reaction) because its something that you shouldn't be asking to a new acquaintance. Well I tried to give some advice and I don’t know if it would solve the problem she’s having that time or will it make it worst. After some days, she finally did what I told her and it turns out to be fine. I mean, I think the problem is solved. Some days have passed and we caught up over the internet. Again, she wanted to ask me a question and I said “go ahead”. I am waiting for about some seconds and I was surprised. She wanted me to be her “kuya” (big brother) and I asked myself  “Am I really that type of guy who’s good on being a kuya?” I mean, come on, I am not that friendly, I am not that fun to be with and I sure am to be the last one you wanted to give you an advice but this girl wants me to be that someone, a brother. Suddenly I remembered one thing. I asked God for a thing that would totally set me free from the past and in my mind, I was thinking this must be it so I whole heartedly accepted her offer.


Since that night, I promised myself to give my full effort for everything that I’ll do for her, to guide her each day, to comfort her whenever she’s down and in pain, to be the one she confide to, to be the pages she needs for her to write all her secrets that I would surely keep, to be the one who gives her advice on her problems, and to be that friend who will be there no matter what. I’ll keep this promise as long as I live and as long as she needs me, after all she’s heaven sent for me. I just wish that she knows how special she is for me and how happy am I to be her kuya. Even if I will be the last one that she seeks.


She’ll always be a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment